NEXT MEETING

NEXT MEETING
No meeting until September


vendredi 12 décembre 2014

At the restaurant

THANKSGIVING DINNER MENU

At Roseline, décembre the 14th

About the restaurant ...















First Course (select one)‎
Roasted Sierra Beauty Apple Butternut Squash
Maple Creme Fraiche, Spiced Pecans
Buttermilk Fried Quail Salad
Poached Quail Egg, Wild Mushrooms, Bacon-Creole Mustard Vinaigrette
Entree Course (select one)‎
Oven Roasted Willie Bird Turkey with Giblet Gravy,
Mashed Potatoes, Sage Cornbread Stuffing, Port-Cranberry Relish
Maple Syrup Slow Braised Beef Short Rib
with Chive Mashed Potatoes, Buttermilk Fried Onions
Crispy Skin Coho Salmon with
Lobster-Salted Fingerling Potato Hash, Tarragon Oil, Lemon Confit
Sides- $7 additional‎
White Truffle Macaroni and Cheese
Smoked Gouda, White Cheddar, Bleu Cheese
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts 
Caramelized Onions
Dessert (select one)‎
Apple Cobbler
Vanilla‎ Bean Ice Cream
Thanksgiving Sampler Platter
Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake
Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce







RIVER COTTAGE
STARTERS
Tomato Soup
(A delicate creamy soup)
Smoked Cod
(Slices of cod served with brown bread and butter)
Calamari
(Pan Fried or Grilled Calamari)
MAIN DISHES
Scallopine Di Vittelo La Caverna
(Veal with fresh mushrooms and roasted peppers with a touch of cream)
Roasted Atlantic Salmon
(Pan roasted salmon with artichoke hearts, asparagus and plum tomatoes in a wine sauce)
Chicken Grana
(Dipped in parmigiano, sautéed in lemon and wine sauce)
DESSERTS
Chocolate Mousse Cake, Carrot Cake
Ricotta Cheese Cake
Tiramisu
DRINKS
Wide selection of teas and ground coffees,
Freshly-squeezed orange juice,
Variety of beers
WINE LIST
Variety of red and white wines





Booking a Table
  • I'd like to reserve / book a table for a party of six at 8pm, please.
  • Could we have a table by the window, please?
  • Could we have a non-smoking table, please?
  • Could we have a table away from the kitchen/toilets, please?
  • Could we have a booth, please?
  • Could you make sure it's a quiet table, please?

Arriving at the Restaurant
  • Good evening, the name is Hand. I have a table booked for six.
  • Do you have the menu in English/German/French ..., please?
  • Do you have a high chair for young children, please?
  • Could we have a table over there, please?
  • I'm sorry but I asked for a table by the window.
  • Could we have an extra chair, please?


Placing Your Order
  • I'd like the .............., please.
  • For starters I'll have the soup and for the main course I'd like the roast beef.
  • Could I have chips instead of new potatoes, please?
  • What is the house special today?
  • Is there anything you would recommend?
  • Could I see the wine menu, please?
  • I'll have a bottle of the South African Cabernet Sauvignon.
  • I'll have a glass of house red/white, please.
  • Which wine would you recommend?
Complaining
  • Excuse me, but my meal is cold.
  • Excuse me, we've been waiting for over half an hour for our drinks.
  • I'm sorry but I ordered the side salad not the vegetables.
  • Excuse me this steak is over-done, I ordered rare.
  • I'm afraid this wine tastes corked.
  • Excuse me this wine isn't chilled properly.
Congratulations to our waitress of this evening, Ruth





According to the degree of cooking of the beef :

very rare  saignant (only for french people)
rare   bleu
well done bien cuit
over done (only for english people)

a few words :

chilled     rafraichi   but ... chilled to the bone  transi de froid
booth       table avec canapé
overbooked trop d'invitations
extra chair supplémentaire
side dish  accompagnement

Tea time 

 fruit juice and thin waffle made with a waffle iron ( but to waffle : parler pour ne rien dire) !for example : my wife often tells me I waffle ...

to finish with that, down the hatch and we're gone ( cul sec ....)

Aucun commentaire: