NEXT MEETING

NEXT MEETING
No meeting until September


vendredi 8 mai 2015

A bit of grammar

Uncountable nouns:

Remember:
baggage and luggage are uncountable (indénombrable) in English (like butter = toujours au singulier)

check-in attendant: Where is your luggage? passenger: Oh dear, I've left it in the car! 

Please put your luggage on the scales (pluriel en anglais = la balance).
It weighs over 20 kilos; you will have to pay extra. 
2 pieces of luggage = 2 suitcases
one piece of hand-baggage, a carry-on bag

Travels (toujours au pluriel) His travels have taken him all over the world. 
un voyage = a trip/ a journey : Have a good trip / journey.

Quand avoir se traduit par BE :

Are you seasick? / Do you get seasick on a boat? a plane?
I'm hungry/thirsty.
He is afraid to fly.
Are you warm enough?
No, we are cold. Could you give us a blanket, please? 

Prepositions (reminders):

I live in Bullecourt.
I want to go to Spain / to Madrid.
I'd like to take a cruise on the Mediterranean,  on a big ship.
Where do you want to depart from? From Toulon.
Yes, you can embark at Toulon. The harbour is not far from the town centre.
Can you explain to me how to get there?
Of course. I'll show you the way on this map.
Your suite is on the top floor of the hotel, with a beautiful view over the town.
You can see the sea from the balcony.




Aucun commentaire: